Hunger Pangs

What can I compare you to
Ooh hunger pangs?
An ulcer that upon her mouth soar fluid tasted
Or a corrosive acid that
Upon my skin fell?


This weight of an empty stomach that
Weighs me down as I in
Slow motion rise from my sitting!
What can I compare you to?
To weight of liquor to a
Drunk who can't find his footing,
Or an empty tin that
can't in a howling wind
find its stand for its own weightlessness?


A thunder storm roars not in clear sky,
A cloudless sky.
But in my empty belly,
Roars this very storm!


Ooh hunger pangs,
To your own strength you concede!
Gradually to vanity you vanish.
As I to eternal bridge of darkness sink.
Weakness I feel,
Pain I feel not
As to eternal oblivion I so journey.

👈Back                                 Next👉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Write a Poem

Form or Structure.

Welcome message from the Host.